Saturday, February 19, 2011

Endless winter...

Just a quickie to let you all know how sick I am of winter! We've had a very old-fashioned one here this year. Freezing temperatures, numbing wind, tonnes of snow... The last couple of days have been fairly mild and we had rain yesterday. Ugh. I literally can't wait for spring! But at least Brad and I will get a break from this bleak, dingy winter when we fly to Miami on Monday! I can't wait for that either! We'll be renting a car in Miami and then drivng to Key West for 4 nights. After that, we drive back to Miami for 5 nights! We're staying in great spots in both places and I've already got some restaurants picked out, of course! We're also going to take in a Miami Heat basketball game and an event at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival. Should be a lot of fun, and I'll return with lots of warm and sunny photos to post here.

Then, before you know it, it will be time for Easter in New York City with Shaun and Mary and Don and Marlene! We're really looking forward to that as well!

I'll leave you with a couple of pics that Brad took at Sugarloaf Mountain in Maine a few weeks ago. He and his did with on a 5-night ski vacation. Brad likes winter!



3 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Enjoy your week of winter relief in Miami!!

Jim said...

Thank you for your kind words that you've left on my blog. It has been a while since I've peeked into your little world the last time. Then again, I've been neglecting my own blog too. There's just no time for anything anymore these days.

You and Brad have a safe trip and a fun time in Florida. I'm sure it'll be slightly warmer than Canada, lol.

Ice John's World said...

Just like you, I am so tired of seeing any snow winter scenes. Enough cold and messy slippery road conditions. Well, at least, you guys get to escape to Miami for a while.