Saturday, July 09, 2011

Random Stuff

Hey all! Just a quick post to keep you updated... Not a whole lot going on in this neck of the woods. It's been a week since Brad left again to get back to his hike and, of course, I am missing him. He's reconnected with his trail buddy, Jedi, and they are blazing through the woods lickey-split! They did 27 miles yesterday! In the rain! Yesh. Better him than me, I say.

I got up early this morning - shortly after 6:00 a.m. - and went to the weekly farmers' market. Got 2 quarts of fresh local strawberries, 4 bunches of basil (yuo know what that's for!), a half pound of Italian parmesan, beet greens, and organic lettuce.

I then came back and checked my lotto tickets (no luck, unfortunately, tho I did win $250 on Thursday!). Then I walked Jasper in the rain and came home and had breakfast. After that, I picked my new numbers, got groceries, and bought dog food for Jasper. Today, too, I actually went for a swim at lunchtime and could tell that it had been too long since I had been there - way out of shape! Something I hope to change this month - Sis, if you are reading this, bring your walking shoes!

This afternoon, I cleaned the house a bit and made a strawberry/rhubarb pie. To me there is no sweeter smell of summer than strawberries and rhubarb macerating in the bowl before I put them into the the pie crust. And I am torn as to which pie I like the best - raspberry or strawberry/rhubarb... Regardless, the pie came out great and perhaps my sister can be the judge when she arrives here next week! If there is any left, that is!

Till next time here are a few more random pics that Brad took of his hike on the Appalachian Trail:





2 comments:

brad said...

Hiking through PA and braving the heat and humidity. To say it was a rough day is an understatement 100 degrees today - will feel like 110. I have no idea what that means in Celsius - except that it's friggin' HOT! The postmaster in Port Clinton took pity on a group of 5 dirty hikers yesterday and took us all home, fed us pizza, let us sleep in his basement and is now out buying us donuts and fruit!!!!! Trail Magic at its best. Unbelievable. Talk to you all soon.

Ice John's World said...

Look like a fun summer hiking!