Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Frustration!

Well, I was successful in getting my cluster map up, but a YouTube blogger account continues to elude me... I enter BLOGGER, I enter the e-mail, I enter the password, and it just keeps saying, "Fetching your information, please wait." And I wait, and wait, and wait... And I think we've already established that I am not the most patient person on the planet... Fetch this, you effers! (Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :-)

Not much new otherwise here. I got to say hi to three dogs on my walk home from work (most days, I bring a bus part way and then walk the rest). It was a beautiful day here and EVERYONE was out walking their dogs it seemed... Don't get me wrong, we still have five feet of snow on the ground, but it was 1 C (34 F) and sunny, so it was a beautiful day, relatively speaking. It's difficult to get our car out of our driveway now because the snowbanks are so high... You peek out as much as you can and then go full throtle when there seems to be an opening (we live on a fairly busy street). I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off to take some stuff down to my mother, about a half hour away. (She went into a special care home last fall.) They have restricted visitors at the home because many people are sick with a cold or flu, so I will just drop off her new large-print library books and some foodstuffs I take her. We'll get down for a proper visit next weekend (Easter). Mom is 87. She's in fairly good health and has all of her mental faculties, but she just wasn't able to keep up her own place anymore. She has arthritis and high blood pressure, and the usual complaints that go with her age. Ugh... Growing old isn't for sissies, as someone once said...

Hasta pronto

No comments: