Thursday, June 12, 2008

From Night to Day

Oy. Another day in at work. So far, I've only worked a day and a half this week, but I will be really glad tomorrow at 4:30. There's always that awkward readjustment stage when you've been gone for 2 weeks or more. "They want what, when?" "Can you do this for tomorrow?" "This program isn't working as it should!" "I'm sorry, what was your name? - Did you just start working here?" "Are you really talking to me?"

Who needs it, I say? It's time for a first dip in the pool. For a beer under the loggia. For a glass of wine and some good cheese. Hell, I'd even rather be in a car in a funeral procession in the countryside, which is where we ended up on one damp Italian afternoon. (Picture it: Spitting rain at the end of a long day of driving and visiting Tuscan hill towns - San Gimignano and Volterra - a cop was diverting traffic for the funeral and we thought it was a detour because of an accident on the road ahead or something. Who knew? Apparently, I seemed a little annoyed ;-)

Here are some pics of Rome in daylight. Waaaaa.. I wanna go back!










2 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Oh, how lovely! I'm still jealous of your trip. Welcome back to the real world.

Mark :-)

Jeff said...

Very thankful it's the weekend, Mark! Still so many memories percolating in my mind, but la réalité s'impose... Tomorrow will be a big day of getting things done around the house and collecting stuff to take down to my mother... No rest for the wicked! ;-)