Saturday, June 28, 2008

Skinny Saturday 16

And another weekend rolls around again. Happy Pride to those who are celebrating it this weekend! We went out for drinks after work yesterday with Don and Mar. It was good to see them - was the first time we've reconnected since returning from Italy.

I got up bright and early this morning and went to the market. I was going to meet Shaun and his brother there around 7:00, but I only arrived around 7:15 and must have missed them. I bought fresh basil, beet greens, green onions, a potted basil plant, and 2 quarts of local strawberries - YAY!! I'll be making pesto and strawberry/rhubarb pie either today or tomorrow, depending on when I go down to mom's.

Mom has been driving me crazy this week as she is totally obsessing about her bowel movements again. She's been to see a doctor twice in as many weeks and she fell during her last visit as she was trying to get up on the table. Sigh... It is extremely frustrating because there is absolutely nothing wrong with her bowels, but she refuses to believe that and she's determined to have an x-ray and/or a barium enema, both of which will probably do her more harm than good. Her sister in Ontario died while we were in Italy - three weeks to the day after being diagnosed with leukemia. I think that has hit mom hard and this is how it is manifesting. Oy. It ain't easy to be old.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's final between Spain and Germany. I predict Germany will win 3-2.

The weather here this week has sucked, rainy and cloudy and cool. I've been keeping an eye on the weather in Tuscany (just out of curiosity), and it has been sunny and really hot there most of the week (34 C). Whoever was at "our" villa this week really lucked out.

In any case... Here are the boyz of Skinny Saturday:




No comments: