Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bits and Bites

Well, THAT was stuipd. I just prepared tomorrow morning's coffee in the machine and instead of hitting "Auto" (to start the machine at 5:30 a.m.), I hit "Start," which started the machine right away. Grrr... I hate when I do dumb things like that. Had to throw out the coffee, which had just started to be dripped through, rinse the pot, and start all over again. Oh well, not the end of the world, but definitely worth an "Oh, for fuck's sake!"

I want to do something special for our anniversary this year - Brad and I will have been together for 18 years this November. There's a place in Nova Scotia I'd kind of like to go to, but it is very out of the way - a 7-hour drive from here - and kind of expensive, not that I'm worried about the money, but Brad probably would be and I'd like this to be a NO WORRY mini-get-away. Perhaps we'll just sneak away to Halifax or maybe Bar Harbor in Maine. I definitely want to do something though to mark the occasion and to allow just the two of us to get away for just a few days.

Lately, there's been this girl who keeps taking my usual seat on the bus I take to work in the mornings. Pisses me off. I've been taking the bus for decades now and it's MY seat. Some mornings I beat her to it. Most times, though, she's there before me and is ensconced in MY seat. I think she knows now that she's pissing me off. I've shot daggers at her on several occasions. Now, I think we both inwardly smirk in the comfort of MY seat when we see the other get on the bus.

Gotta run. It's almost nine and therefore almost my bedtime. What?? You didn't see where coffee machine starts at 5:30 a.m.?? Week nights I try to be in bed before 10:00, though I sometimes stay up and watch a bit of the 10 o'clock news.

Pleasant dreams, amichi.

1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

I hope you can work out the anniversay get-away trip! Sounds quite romantic to me.

Perhaps you should try saying something like this "That is MY seat, Bitch! Now move your skanky ass on out of it NOW!" Or, maybe something a tad less confrontational. You choose.

Mark :-)