Saturday, September 27, 2008

Skinny Saturday 27

It's a warm but rainy day here in the east of Canada. There's a rainfall warning in effect, in fact, as we are supposed to be impacted by tropical storm Kyle as he makes his way north. We're in for up to 100 mm of rain. I don't mind, we need the rain actually, but I'd prefer if it arrived through the week.

It's a perfect weekend though for staying in and reading and doing a lot of cooking, which is exactly what I plan to do. I am currently reding The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, by David Wroblewski, which was recommended highly by Seth over at Maine Cliff Dweller. I haven't gotten very far into it yet, but I am enjoying it a lot. I am also planning to make a Swiss chard dal, a lentil-feta-sundried tomato salad, a tofu/chickpea stew, and a peanut sauce to have later in the week with udon noodles. I shouldn't have to cook at all next week. And that's a good thing, as I hope to ramp up my biking and swimming schedule and drop at least 10 pounds very soon.

Anybody watch the Obama/McCain debate last night? I watched most of it. McCain did better than I thought he would (god-damn him), but hopefully it wasn't good enough. The Biden/Palin debate next week should be a riot.

In any case, onward and upward to the men of Saturday:





1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

That lentil/feta/sun-dried tomato salad sounds great! Didn't Ina Garten do that one?

And as always, love the men!

Mark :-)