Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy, busy weekend... (skinny Saturday 41 belated)

Where, oh where does the time go? Here it is at a quarter past 7:00 p.m. on Sunday night, and the weekend is just a whirlwind... Yesterday was non-stop busy. Bking, geting mom's stuff, going to the live Met broadcast at the theater, getting supper and heading over to the neighbour's for a drink after dinner. Home and to be. Up this morning and walked Kaiser then went immediately down to mom's. Her home is closed right now to the public because of a severe bout of flu that is circulating inside, so I just dropped off her stuff at the door and the girl took it in for me. Mom did come out to say hello. She had the flu last week and is pretty much over it now. After that, I had to go into work for about an hour and a half today to get something done that I didn't have time to do last week. Then, I went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of thing I had forgotten to put on the list and then went up to the pharmacy to renew a precription. I had meant to call it in, but forgot to do so. When I told the gal what I wanted, she said it would be about 15 to 20 minutes. All told, I was there for close to 45 minutes! Grrr... Patience, as I have mentioned before, is not one of my virtues. I was especially grumpy, as I had only had breakfast all day and it was pushing 3:00 p.m. when I left the pharmacy. Then back home to grab a bite to eat, do last night's dinner dishes, and start cooking tonight's dinner... And now, we're off to visit Paulie on the north side of our city. Help!!!I want the world to just slow down!

On the upside, yesterday's opera was very good. La Rondine (pronounced like Rondiné, in French) starring husband and wife team Roberto Alagna and Angela Georghiu, was excellent! Marius Brenciu, who played Prunier, was also very good. While at the mall, I also picked up Mark Bittman's new book, Food Matters, A Guide to Conscious Eating. I'm looking forward to reading it.

On to the boyz as we have to fly to Paul's...





1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

Busy, busy indeed! Hope things have calmed down a bit.