Saturday, January 17, 2009

Skinny Saturday 42

So another Saturday is upon us. Thank god it's the weekend, and an 'off' weekend to boot! By off weekend, I mean that I don't have to rush around buying mom's supplies and then going down there for a visit. It's not that I don't want to visit her - really it isn't! It's just that all of that is so much harder in the winter, in the cold, the ice, and the snow. I call her everyday and go down every other weekend. Her home is still closed to the public in any case, as some of the residents are still quite sick with the flu.

It was bitterly cold again this morning and Kaiser, of course, pooped twice on our walk, necessitating me to remove my gloves two times as well to stoop and scoop, as it were. The process completely numbed my fingers and I could barely tie the second plastic bag. Thankfully, it's supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow, and by warm up, I am talking -13C (8F). On Monday, it's supposed to go all the way up to -4C (24F) and snow. They're not saying how much snow yet, but it would be great if we got a huge pile of the stuff and they had to cancel work! Small chance of that happening, I'm afraid...

I biked my 21 km in 45 minutes this morning and felt much the better for it. Brad has suggested that we move the bike up to the 3rd floor for the winter months, and I may give in yet if these extremely frigid temperatures hang around or return for any length of time. As it is, I am very much a creature of habit and tend to avoid change if I can. If something is doable as it is, then why bother changing it? This time of year, it certainly would be more pleaseant to bike upstairs, but then we'd have to drag the bike up 3 floors, and then drag it back down 3 floors come spring. It's actually nice to bike in the basement's cooler temperatures in the spring and summer. So for now, we'll leave things as they are and hope it warms up!

And YAY!!! Just 3 more days till Obama takes office!!! Let's celebrate with some hot boyz!







Kaiser's happy about the regime change down south, too!

1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

Wow, your frigid temps are making me cold! Hope you get some warmth in your forecast.