Thursday, May 01, 2008

What I'm reading






I actually just finished La Bella Figura, which was a Christmas gift from our good friend Paul. It's a great book that provides some useful insight into the Italian mind.

And I've just started Young Stalin. It's going to be quite heavy, but enjoyable, I think. I read Court of the Red Tsar, by the same author, last year. My first partner, the Venezuelan, painted a portrait of Stalin for me that was taken from another book. It is very similar to the one used on the cover here. I say he painted it for me, but he took it back to Venezuela with him and it hangs in his parent's house in Caracas to this day (to the best of my knowledge).

The other two books are basically reference and I hope they will come in handy in Italy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you liked the book.
I'd be interested to hear about the magazines you've read [oh yes and videos] to prepare for the trip. LOL

PCJL

Jeff said...

LOL! I like it when you work from home! At least you leave come comments! Have a good weekened!