Thursday, July 03, 2008

Pie and Pesto

Hey again... Felt like crap today so I called in sick. I needed a mental health day as it happens anyway. Mom seems to have come round, a little anyways. I think she finally realized how much I worry about her and the thought of her causing me pain has given her a bit of pause. I'm not getting my hopes up. I know there will be gloomy days ahead, but any calm in this storm is welcome.

Been very hot and muggy here the last few days. Thought I would share a few photos of what I made last weekend, i.e., a strawberry/rhubarb pie and pesto. They both turned out great. We ate the last of each yesterday. We're going out to my nephew's for dinner on Saturday - he and his wife have 2 kids (grades 4 and 2 I think) and his sister (my niece) and her husband and their daughter (about to enter grade 1) will be there too. I've been asked to bring dessert, so I think it will be a repeat of last weekend, i.e., another strawberry/rhubarb pie... tis the season!






1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

The pie turned out beautifully, and I'm sure it was delicious. I love strawberry rhubarb pie. It reminds me of my grandmother, who grew her own strawberries and rhubarb, and made pies from them.

Mark :-)