Sunday, July 27, 2008

Positive thoughts

So Brad's mom is doing quite a bit better today. So far so good. She still has a long way to go, but she had a good night last night and is stable today. They should know by tomorrow if the connection is good and they should also able to remove the ventilator. That will make her much more comfortable.

Brad's sis from Ontario came down and she stayed with us last night. It's great to see her, despite the circumstances. She'll probably stay with us again tonight.

And as I write this, there is stew beef simmering in our slow cooker downstairs. Brad's sister is coming over and is going to make a stew for the whole family for dinner tonight. Since we definitely don't eat beef, Brad and I will have our usual baked salmon supper. I made a raspberry pie yesterday that we'll all have for dessert.

I got another quart off my backyard patch (that makes a total of 5!) and I also hit the local u-pick yesterday and quickly picked another 4 quarts. I could have stayed there all day, but had many others things on my plate yesterday. I hope to get back and pick another 4 quarts to freeze before the season is over.

Gotta run... Keep your fingers crossed for Brad's mom!

1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

Best wishes...

Mark :-)