Sunday, February 01, 2009

Weekend catch-up

Hey all. Been another very busy weekend, and I've really no time to write even now. Had to work today for a few hours, which really pisses me off, as it was something that truly did not have to be done, but the client wanted it for first thing Monday morning. So I translated it here at home and then e-mailed it to my work address, but I also had to then physically go to my office and download it and forward it on to our proofreader as I have an appointment first thing tomorrow morning at the hospital. I have to have an routine x-ray of my hip (I don't think I've told you, but way back in 2002, I had a total hip replacement of my left hip for arthritis - the only place I have had it, knock wood)... In any case, every couple of years, they schedule you for an x-ray just to see how everything is holding up. With me, the replacement was like night and day - from total pain to completely pain free - long may it last...

In other news, mom has fallen twice in the past few days. Nothing broken, but it's given her a jar and she is very stiff and sore and black and blue. She's 88 now, and as I've said before, growing old isn't for sissies.

And speaking of sissies, we saw Milk last night with Georges and Barb. It was a great film and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it already. I was blown away by how much has changed since the day (late '70s and early 1980s), and by how much has stayed the same. At least, though, I think the Anita Bryant's of the world have gotten fewer and their message is more often than not swept under the doormat where it belongs...

Since there was no Skinny Saturday yesterday, here are a few boyz in recompense. Also, please note that I have added a personalized playlist at the bottom of the page. Please check it out at your leisure. It's a pretty darn good playlist, if I do say so myself!





1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

Sorry to hear your mom has fallen recently, though I'm glad she didn't break anything.

As usual, your taste in bois is impeccable!