Saturday, August 09, 2008

Skinny Saturday 21

Well, the sun shone here today - for all of 15 minutes! Grrr. This crappy weather is driving me nuts. It better improve soon - there's only 3 more weeks of summer left. Jeez. Can you imagine!? Three more weeks and we'll be in September, or just about!

Anyone see the opening ceremony in Beijing yesterday? I have to admit, wild horses couldn't drag me to China, but I was very impressed by the opening ceremony. It was brillant. Moving and very touching. Hats off to China for that!

I decided to skip the ballet today. Just too many things that had to get done. Something had to give, so the ballet got dropped. Not the end of the world by any means, but it would have been nice to see.

I got to the farmers' market this morning. Bought some parmesan cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, basil (for pesto), and organic carrots. I also picked up some cheese curds for Marlene. She calls it squeaky cheese because it does make a squeaky sound when you chew it. It's the same thing as they put in Poutine (french fries, cheese curds & gravey). In any case, Mar used to buy it all the time when they lived in town, but now that they are in the country, she seldom makes it in to the market. I also picked up a small jar of sun-dried tomato mustard to go with the curds as a little gift for our hosts for the potluck tonight. For the potluck, Marlene asked me to bring an appetizer, so I am making the Suchuan carrot soup (I've posted the recipe on here before) and a black olive tapenade with dun-dried tomatoes. I'm sure it will be a good time. I'll try to remember our camera and take some pics.

Brad's off to the hospial to see his mom. I've biked my 21 km and have the soup cooking on the stove. I'll upload the boyz and head back to the kitchen to have some lunch and make the tapenade.

Good weekend all!



French rugby players


Okay, where do you sign up for this game?


Swedish soccer player Zoltan Ibrahimovich shows what's he's made of!


French soccer player Thierry Henry


Coach Bob


Another Pretty Face

No comments: