Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bits and Bites

Just a quick little catch up post. I know I sometimes say that and then ramble on and on, but this time I mean it! I have last night's Big Brother to watch!

I clicked past the 2000-km mark on the stationary bike today! Ugh. Was the first I had biked this week, well since last Saturday. I really fall off my schedule when we have guests staying with us - Brad's sister, my sister, uzw. I HAVE to get back on a program ASAP as the pounds are starting to pile on. Summertime and pies also take their toll.

So Obama becomes the official candidate tonight. Ugh again. While I like him better than Clinton, I fear that perhaps she may have been able to win against McCain whereas Obama may not. Listen up, all you 'Mericans, if y'all elect another moron Republican, well, it ain't gonna be pretty. Surely that won't happen! Surely.

That said, here in Canada, we'll probably re-elect our very own moron Conservative in an election that will likely be called very soon. Ugh yet again.

On a happier note, I've decided to take next Tuesday off to make an extra long weekend. I think we are going to do something with our very own Paulie; hopefully a daytrip to the beach and a great meal afterwards.

On another happy note, Brad and I have booked tickets to a Met opera next March starring Nathalie Dessay and Juan Diego Florez!!! Yay! NYC in late March! Hopefuly the weather will be nice. The last time we were there in '04 it was in February, and the weather was perfect - we even were able to buy sandwiches at Whole Food and eat al fresco in Central Park. New York is one of my favourite cities in the world. This will be a very short get-away (just 3 nights), but it will be a lot of fun!

So that's it. But maybe just for the heck of it, I will throw in a couple more photos from Italy. I know, I know, Italy should be over with. I promise - just a few more!

The Ligurian Sea as seen from the trail in Cinque Terre


Vernazza - one of the five villages that make up Cinque Terre. Brad and I stayed in Vernazza for three nights back in 1996


This time we did the trail as a daytrip. We had just finished and sat down for a beer when this happened. Thank god we weren't still on the trail!


Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just want to invite you and your readers to our site about the cinque terre
( in my signature ) and to the blog where you can also vote the nicest of the 5 Terre

Jeff said...

Grazie! Nice site. Check it out folks. There are some super photos there!

:-)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pi7.ru/fakty/1618-seksualnaya-igra-soavtory.html ]Поездка в Питер! [/url]
я великолепная.у меня ангельская внешность-часто говорили.Но это не бравада из-за похвалы.
часто ловлю себя на том что я очень жестока к людям.К животным,детям-люблю до смерти,наверно как и все.Но к некотрым людяи-...многие не возьмут в толк.
родителей люблю,друзей также,но к слабостям человеческим абсолютно не терпима.Самое главное-просто НЕНАВИЖУ бессилие в мужчинах,не выношу,хочу унизить,оскорбить,ужалить в самое больное место,просто отвратить.И сделать это самым тонким методом-ангельским голоском,в непринужденной форме-так для того прям УБИТЬ словом.сейчас есть мужчина-любит меня до безумия,но я его недолюбливаю за то что он так любит.Лучше бы ударил пару раз.Я его ежедневно унижаю,критикую,но потом опять глажу по головке.В общем вполне вероятно я садистка.
и таких не мало,даже подруги.Я понимаю что держит мужчин-это внешность и ум,подруг-юмор и слово. Мне нравится причинять мужчинам боль.Это кайф для меня. Я ужасна?
Брань и другое с наслаждением проигнорирую:)