Monday, February 23, 2009

Snow Day!

Yipee! Work has been cancelled for the day! It's something that happens once or twice a year, if that, because of a major snow storm. I heard on the radio first thing this morning that the city transit busses would not be driving until at least noon, so I new then that work too would be cancelled until at least lunchtime as well. The website has just been updated and it's cancelled for the whole day! I'll make the Sicuan carrot soup I meant to make yesterday, but never had a chance. I called the hospital and they said that mom is doing a lot better today. I found out also that there was another drug she usually takes that she had not been getting for the past five days. Someone should be reprimanded for these mistakes!

Here are a few more pics of last night's snowfall:

Huge mountain of snow beside our driveway. We shovelled that ourselves!

Brad scraping the snow form the roof of the garage to prevent it from collapsing



4 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my goodness! That's some snow!

Tristan said...

Wow, never physically seen snow like that never mind shovel it.

Mark in DE said...

Wow, its beautiful, but I can't imagine having to shovel all of that. Makes me feel badly for complaining about our recent cold weather here.

Anonymous said...

And Brad still prefers winter over summer? When you took this picture, I, thankfully, was roasting in Puerto Vallarta... Not that I'm rubbing it in. Honest! ;-P