Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year!

Just a quick post to wish you all a very happy New Year! I can't believe it will be 2013 the day after tomorrow!

2012 was a very busy and eventful year with Brad finishing the Appalachian Trail and me losing and keeping off 32 pounds! If someone had told me a year ago that by the end of 2012 I would be 32 pounds lighter and have put close to 2500 km on the bike, I would have smiled politely and handed them a one-way ticket to the looney bin! But, thankfully, that IS what happened and now I've got South Beach in February (and Spain in May) to look forward to and to use as an incentive to keep biking and and keep the weight off.

Today, too, has been busy. I biked 25.3 km first thing this morning and then plowed through the snow drifts to walk Jasper. Brad had waded through the snow earlier to take Oliver for his constitutional. We had over a foot of snow last night and this morning, making it well over 2 feet of new white stuff in the last 3 days! Thankfully, Brad shovelled out the driveway after each storm, though I did shovel off the back deck. I also made a gingerbread cake for tomorrow night - we're doing our usual NYE party with friends and neighbours. Brad's off right now buying booze for his traditional Swedish Glög! I've also done a pile of dishes and have salmon roasting in the oven, not for supper, but to have next week. Tonight, I'm making a Thai green curry with tofu and zucchini.

As the timer is about to go off for the salmon, I'll cut this short and simply wish each and every one of you who still read this space a very happy and prosperous 2013!

The pic below was taken a few years ago, but it's basically what our backyard looks like right now, minus the sun (it's still cloudy and overcast here)





1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow in just a few days. Happy new year to you both! Congrats on the weight loss and keeping it off, and enjoy your travel.