Saturday, April 12, 2008

Skinny Saturday 7 (With Nepal and Babes!)

Brrr... As I write this, wet snow flakes are falling outside. Supposed to turn to rain and then back to snow overnight and tomorrow. A huge amount of snow has melted in this last week, but there's still quite a bit left to go.

Brad and I are hosting the monthly potluck tonight. We've been getting together with the two other couples who are going to Italy with us for the last few months to plan the trip - and to eat and drink, of course. George and Barb are joining us tonight, too, so we'll be 8 in all. After dinner, we're going to do a slide show of Brad's hiking trip to Nepal last fall. He and Don and Marlene went on an organized 2-week trek into Everest base camp last October. They are all big time hikers. Me, not so much. I couldn't have gone on this trip anyway because it fell at the same time as mom was moving into the special care home.

For tonight's potluck, I am making a tapenade for spreading on baguettes as a app and an Indian potato and shrimp curry. The original recipe calls for pork, for which I substitute tofu, but our BarBEARa is not partial to tofu, so in deference to her finicky tastes, I'll use shrimp. Marlene loves my raspberry pies, so to get brownie points with her, I made one of those last night.

As you can imagine, with all of these pies I have been making lately and all of the brie and sun-dried tomatoes I have been gobbling down, my scales are stubborning refusing to go below the 170 lb. mark. Grrr. I'll get back on the straight and narrow next week, though, and finally try to integrate the swimming component of my weight-loss program. Wish me luck!

Also this week, yielding to several complaints from my straight buds, I will post a couple pics of what I hope they will consider hot babes. I hope you appreciate it boyz! (Jersey! The stuff I had to wade through to get these pics! :-)

Have a good weekend all!



















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

next time, i can help you wade through "the stuff"...

Jeff said...

You betcha, pistolero! :-)