Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tapenade

Not much going on in this neck of the woods. The weather has been really nice the last few days and the snow continues to melt like crazy, which is a very good thing. I finally managed to get to the pool on Sunday and I had a good swim. I'm going to try to go tomorrow morning for the early swim (6:30 a.m.). I'm taking tomorrow off to run errands for mom and to bring her to town for lunch at her favourite Chinese restaurant, where we will meet my lawyer who has prepared a Power of Attorney for me. It's a good thing to have in case she ever becomes mentally incompetent and incapable of making her own decisions. Mom was apparently a little concerned about eating Chinese in front of a stranger. "I don't know if that's a good idea or not," she said to me on the phone last night. "Eating rice. What if I spill it all over myself?" LOL. Which she undoubtedly will, knowing my mother. But I set her mind at ease, saying that the lawyer wouldn't be joining us for a meal - just a quick signing her life away session! "Oh, well, that's okay, then," she said perceptibly relieved.

Before I forget, here is the recipe (if you can call it that, it's so easy) for the tapenade I made for the potluck on the weekend. Simply throw 1 cup of pitted black (Kalamata) olives into the food processor along with 3/4 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes. Process until finely chopped. Add 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup drained capers, and 3/4 teaspoon oregano. Process until combined. C'est tout! Very simple. On the weekend, I thought I had a jar of capers in the fridge, but when the time came to make the tapenade, there wasn't a caper in sight. I substituted an equal amount of pine nuts, and that worked out well, too.

I leave you with a pic of some Italian boyz in Moscow:

1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

That conversation with you mother about the lawyer and the rice was precious! You're a sweet son.

That tapenade sounds dee-lish! I love kalamata olives and, well, everything else in tapenade. :-)

Thanks for the sexy Italians, too.

Mark :-)