Wednesday, June 11, 2008

To sleep, perchance to dream...

Still kind of tired from the trip - travelling west from Europe to North America is always harder than going from here to Europe... I went into work this afternoon. For the life of me, I couldn't remember my password for my computer. I ended up trying so many combinations, I locked myself out and had to get Helpdesk to come down and straighten things out, so it was like 3:00 p.m. before I was able to log on. And when I did, I had over 100 spam messages in my e-mail account. I had missed an upgrade (or rather, the upgrade didn't take effect until I had restarted my computer), so I had to go through the tedious process of separating all of those from my legit e-mails and then deleting them.

It's good to be back and to see our pooches. We missed them terribly while away. But I think 3/4's of me is still in Italy. And that's a good thing. It's so great to get away from the routine of everyday life. To see new things and gain perspective. Gradually, imperceptibly, I'll seep back into the reality of the here and now, but until then, I plan to bask in the afterglow.

Here are a few nighttime shots from the terrace of our apartment in Roma:



1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

I recommend not struggling to rejoin the here and now. Its highly over-rated.

Mark :-)