Saturday, October 04, 2008

Skinny Saturday 28

Happy Saturday all. "Can I call you Joe, by the way?" Ack!

I slept in this morning until 9:00 a.m. then got up and walked Kaiser and went to the bakery where I picked up a loaf of sourdough and a loaf of rye, as well as some somosas and a quiche Lorraine. I made out our grocery list when I got home and Brad went off to buy them and I headed to the basement to bike my 21 km.

Did you see the story this week of the 7-year-old who went on a killing spree at a zoo in Australia? Unbelievable. For half an hour he threw stones at and bashed lizards and other reptiles and then threw some into the crocodile pen. Apparently he tried to scale the wall to get into the where the crocks were, but he wasn't able to. Too bad. Sick and depressing.

Then, as I was showering after my bike, I remembered another story from a few years ago of a 6-year-old girl somewhere in the U.S. who made her mother stop along side a busy highway as she had seen a turtle trying to cross and she wanted to help it. When the mother stopped, the little girl jumped out the car and started running toward the turtle so fast that the mother was unable to stop her and she was hit and killed by an oncoming truck.

Good and evil, black and white, ying and yang... Constantly interacting across the globe. Sometimes one gains the upper hand sometimes the other. I guess it wouldn't be planet earth without them.

But enough philosophy. On to the guys of Skinny Saturday!





No comments: