Friday, November 21, 2008

Pics from Russia

Happy Friday everyone. Been a long week. And it's been VERY cold here for the last few days. I actually dug out and wore my longjohns this morning! It's getting cool in Russia too these days. Take a gander:

A couple smooch in the newly fallen snow in Moscow


A man plays a trumpet on Nevsky Prospect in Saint-Petersburg. Nevsky is a very busy and loud street. We were swarmed there by a group of 5 pickpockets. They jumped out of no where and stuck a book or something in my face, shouting, "Five dollars, only five dollars!" I kept saying "N'yet, n'yet, n'yet!" And we finally made our way past them. Thankfully my wallet was in the breast pocket of a zippered-up fleece and they never got anything. Having one's wallet stolen in Russia would NOT be a pleasant experience, to say the least.

No comments: