Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dog Days

Are these the dog days of summer?? If so, then that's my excuse for not blogging in almost a week... Has to be something... We are finally have a nice few days of HOT and sunny weather. We've actually turned on the central air at home recently. It's very nice having that and not having to try to sleep in the heat and humidity.

Let's see what else... The carrot cake I made for my nephew's get together was a big hit. (Organic carrots and Mexican vanilla are the keys!) A good time was had by all at the occasion, though we did get rained on once or twice, but we were able to take shelter under one of those massive deck umbrellas. The kids thought the showers were grand and soon were soaking wet from running in the rain and slidding on the grass. 5 and 8 year olds. Gory. And they NEVER stopped. I was reminded of when I was that age and aunts would ask me where I got all my energy. Of course I didn't understand where they were coming from back then, but I sure do now!

Brad and his nephews had a good camping adventure/hike at Kathadin in Maine. Thankfully, they didn't get much rain there at all, and while the weather could have been better, at least they weren't soaking wet all the time.

Other than that, life goes on. Two more weeks to get in after this one before we go on vacation... Ugh... I want to go right now! At least next Monday is a civic holiday here, which will make for a long weekend.

And thank god for Big Brother!! (I know, I know... I can hear your groans from here!). But it's mindless fun and there is a good deal of eye candy this season! Check it out!









2 comments:

Basia said...

ok...I agree...eye candy...will have to tune in...what night is it on? Thanks for last night...nice to catch up...

Jeff said...

Thank you, sweetie! It was a nice evening last night.

BB is on three nights a week (much to Brad's chagrin)! Thursdays at 9:00, Sundays at 9:00 and Tuedays at 10:00 p.m. All on Channel 15 or 6.