Saturday, January 03, 2009

Skinny Saturday 40!

Hey! It's a landmark! A couple of landmarks, actually. This is the first post of 2009 and Skinny Saturday turns 40!

It's been a busy few days. We had a few good friends over to our our place to ring in the New Year. It was a great time, with lots of good food (everyone brought something), good cheer, and good fun!







We were up until after 3:00 in the morning, which is only proper on New Year's Eve. More importantly, another bet was made, this time between me and Shaun. It's more of a contest, than a bet, I guess. We are competing to see who can lose 25 pounds the first. The winner gets $25 and bragging rights! May the best man win! :)

For me, losing 25 pounds will take me back to what I weighed in February 2006, just before I went to Mexico for a week with Paul and Ron. It's scary how those pounds have crept back on over those 3 years! (But I think 5 of them went back on almost immediately at the beautiful Iberostar resort we stayed at on the Mayan Riviera! I want to go back to Mexico, Paulie!!)

So, I started my new plan today. I swam for a half hour at the local pool. Tomorrow, I'll resume biking my full 21 km - I biked only a few times last month because of all of the changes in our schedules over the holidays and because I was out of commission for almost 2 weeks with the muscle spasms in my back. I'll bike again on Monday, swim on Tuesday, bike on Wednesday, swim on Thursday, and perhaps take Friday off.

Wish me luck! And send Shaun lots of recipes that call for scads of butter and cream!

Time for some incentive. Send in the boyz!




1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

Good luck with your slimming regimen. Spouse & I are starting ours on Mon. (Sigh) But I've give up food entirely in exchange for the guy in photo #1. LOL