Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Weigh-in

Hey all! It's a snowy day here in eastern Canada... Supposed to get upwards of 15 cm. Not enough to get out of work, I'm afraid... I'm thinking I may take Tuesday off this week and watch all of the Inaugration coverage on TV. It will be a historic day for sure!

Okay... So I've said that I will keep you abreast of my weight-loss efforts, so here goes! I started at a chubby 177 pounds 2 weeks ago, and my competition with Shaun is to see who can lose 25 pounds first. So 177 minus 25 = my goal of 152 pounds, which will bring me back to what I weighed in high school! As of today, I have dropped 5 pounds, weighing in at 173 lb just minutes ago. Kind of a slow start, so I have to start cranking things up a bit. With all of the cold weather we have been experiencing, I have also been eating quite a bit of pasta. For some reason, salads really aren't all that appealing when it's -30 outside! In any case, I biked both days this weekend (total of 42 km in an hour and a half) and will go for a swim later on today. I also want to start getting out for a 30 minute walk at lunchtime... 20 more pounds to go!

Oh, and I HAVE to share this with you all. I received an e-mail from my good (and very straight friend) Shaun earlier this morning and in it he was commenting on our leak from the 3rd floor shower earlier in the week... He said, and I quote: "See what happens when you don't get enough caulk!" LOL!! Indeed! Not getting enough caulk can be the cause of many a problem! ;-)

Have a good Sunday, all!

1 comment:

Mark in DE said...

Congrats on the 5 lb weight loss! Like you, I have been having trouble resisting the comfort food during this cold weather.

LOVED your friend's comment regarding not enough caulk!